Harrison REMC offers rebates on heat pumps, dual fuel and geothermal units. Below are the specific guidelines to receive the rebate as well as information about the equipment.
Heat Pump Rebates
They heat, they cool, they’re energy efficient, and they’re affordable. Four good reasons to install a heat pump in your home. Heat pumps are the most popular way to heat and cool because one piece of equipment does it all. It operates entirely by electricity and offers a high level of comfort and efficiency at low costs.
Rebates are available for customers who replace an old heat pump, install a new one or replace a natural gas, propane, oil or wood furnace. There is also a significant rebate for replacing an old air conditioner in a home that has an electric furnace, electric ceiling cable heat, baseboard electric heat or any type of wall electric heaters where the total heating needs of the home are being met by electric resistance heating units.
Dual Fuel Applications
Some believe that two fuels are better than one and combine an air to air heat pump with a fossil fuel furnace. In extremely cold weather, a dual fuel heating system selects the fossil fuel furnace for all the home’s heating needs. But for most of our Southern Indiana winters, a dual fuel heating system automatically utilizes the more energy efficient heat pump to provide your home the heating comfort you desire.
Geothermal Heat Pumps
Geothermal heat pumps are the ultimate comfort machine. No system is more efficient or cheaper to operate than the technologically advanced geothermal heat pump system. Together, earth-stored energy and clean, safe electricity offer an efficient and economical way to maintain comfortable heating and cooling year-round.
- All rebates must be presented in the year in which the work was done.
- Must be the primary heating/cooling for a primary residence which is occupied year-round.
- Limit of one water heater rebate per HVAC unit home; limit of two HVAC rebates.
- All installations are subject to verification and/or inspection by Harrison REMC.
- Rebate form must be completed in its entirety with a certificate of AHRI in order to verify SEER rating and a proof of purchase from the vendor.
- Rebate programs ends on December 31, 2020, and is subject to change without notice.
- Rebate may be mailed, brought to office or emailed to email@example.com.