Harrison REMC offers rebates on heat pump hot water heaters. Below is information about the water heaters; as well as rebate information.
Heat Pump Water Heaters
Water heater heat pumps are 14% of a typical home's total energy cost. A heat pump water heater dramatically reduces electric energy consumption compared to an electric tank style water heater. A standard electric tank style unit will use 4879 kWh of electricity per year compared to 1856 kWh of electricity per year for a heat pump model. For Harrison REMC members, the savings is nearly $302 per year with the current residential electric rate. That translates into an efficiency range of 300% to 500% for heat pump water heaters compared to 90% for a tank style model. The units get the btu's of heat for making hot water from the surrounding air, not from electricity. Harrison REMC has a $500 rebate for investing in this technology.
- All rebates must be presented in the year in which the work was done.
- Heat pump or hybrid water heaters only (all in one units).
- Minimum 40-gallon size.
- No incentives for electric resistance tank water heaters.
- Limit of two water heater rebate per HVAC unit home; limit of two HVAC rebates
- All installations are subject to verification and/or inspection by Harrison REMC.
- Rebate form must be completed in its entirety with a proof of purchase from the vendor.
- Rebate programs ends on December 15, 2021 and is subject to change without notice.
- Rebate may be mailed, brought to office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.