Recycle and get a $50 bill credit
An old refrigerator or freezer can use up to four times the energy of new models. Now's the time to recycle It! You will get a $50 bill credit and save up to $150 a year in energy costs.
Program Rules and Requirements:
- Must be a residential member of Harrison REMC
- Member must own the unit(s) being recycled or receive written consent from their landlord or tenant.
- Member is limited to two units per household
Refrigerator & Freezer Requirements:
- Must be a non-commercial unit
- Must be empty and waterlines disconnected at the time of pickup
- Must be plugged in and working (the compressor is running) at the time of pickup
- Must be of qualifying size between 10-30 cubic feet, utilizing inside measurements
- Must have a clear pathway for access and removal of the unit. (The member must remove any doors or physical impedances that prevent removal of the appliance before the time of pickup.)
- If the appliance is in a location that is difficult for the vendor to remove the appliance, or if the act of removal of the appliance is likely to cause damage, the member must move the appliance to an area that is easier to access.