This section is intended as a library of articles prepared by Harrison REMC in response to common questions about energy efficiency, best building practices and other topics. This section is currently under construction, but new topics will be added on a regular basis.
Home Energy Efficiency
- Can a house be too tight?
- Choosing the right contractor
- Do-it-yourself home energy efficiency check-up
- Heat Pump - your most efficient choice for heating & cooling
- Home energy efficiency - how much will it cost?
- Is built to code good enough?
- Low E glazed windows
- Where should the thermostat be set?
- Tankless Water Heaters - the rest of the story
- Two water heaters in series - Your best option for savings
- Battery Chargers & energy use
- Carbon monoxide risks in the home
- Why do I need surge protection?
- Frequently asked questions about surge protection
- Can I generate my own power?
Do you have a question for Ask REMC? Send it in an email to email@example.com